Thursday, November 27, 2008

Many Thanks for Pie & Cute Babies... (But not critical parents)

Ah, for once, my belly is about to explode from this year's feast. When I woke up and saw that it was 7:00, I thought, "HAH! It is seven o'clock, but I don't have to get ready for school. I can just sleep in all day. Well, not literally... At 8:01 I was up and getting a breakfast of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. Just last night our relatives arrived. (Well, not all of them, if it was, we would each be having one slice of turkey and a tiny sliver of pie.) They had just had an adorable baby, and we were all so exstatic about seeing him. In fact, Cody, Curtis, and I waited for two hours. We decided to go home, then while we were eating dinner, they arrived. We all ran outside to hug everyone and smile at the baby. (Just so you know, it was Wesley from an earlier post. Read it, and you'll know who he is. The post has his name in it.) Well, apparently babies are born with a black hole around them. Everyone gets sucked into the cuteness of the baby. So, after eating breakfast and doing a long Nerf war with Zach and Curty, Cody and I went down to the park to play at our friends' "Turkey Bowl". Well it turns out that they had held it at 9:00. (We went there at 10:30) Well, as you probably guessed, we were infuriated! When they held it, some people could still be in bed! So, we went home discouraged. We were sent back to the park with our little brothers so they could stay out of the way of the adults while they were cooking Thanksgiving Dinch. (That's a dinner that's served at lunchtime.) Well, we spent less than 15 minutes there before Eli, refusing to where a helmet while riding his bike, fell off and banged his head. He refused also to have me walk him home, but I tagged along to show that I would not let him walk home by himself. Well, I went right back to get everyone home because it was starting to rain. We got home when it was nearly an hour before Dinch was ready. Well, we finally sat down to eat after cleaning the whole kitchen to the best Thanksgiving Dinch I've ever eaten. After we all were stuffed to the breaking point, Mom said that we would be having pie in a few hours. All the kids marched down to watch Kung Fu Panda. After finishing, we all marched back upstairs to have pie. Well, Dad said that we would have to clean the whole kitchen AGAIN before we had pie. I loaded the dishes and washed some pans. Well, I was doing a pretty good job when my dad trudged in looking to criticize someone. He promptly walks over to me and starts showing me a strange, stupid way to wash pans. I was doing better on my own, but he insisted I do it that way. When it was time for pie, he purposely made me serve everyone, then be served last! He also said that I would never be served first again. I got my pie, ate it, then, without a glance at Dad, walked down here to check blogs and post about Thanksgiving. I hope everyone else had a better Thanksgiving than I did.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm so sorry you had a tough time at Thanksgiving. That's a bummer. But I'm glad you got to play with Wesley. I love your comment about how babies have black holes around them--that made me laugh! And I think you are an awesome big brother for tagging along with Eli, even though he was being difficult. You're awesome!!!