Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Next...

Phase. The title of a Star Trek Episode. The Next Chapter in my absitively terrific story.

1
Okay, as my school counselor told me, I need to introduce myself. I am Adamson Quincy Nodoor, worst grade student along this side of the Yukon. I am considered by everyone else, “Mr. Ugly.” It’s all because of my mom. She cuts my hair every two weeks, and she never gives me the one I want. She says buzz cuts are “Evil”. She always gives me a formal haircut that makes me look like I’m 40 years old! Talk about being weird! I go to Winter Wonderland High, which makes it sound like it’s a girl haven, but it’s not. There are almost nothing but huge, burly boys who think they have nothing to do but snort, fart, and chew tobacco. Drugs are a real problem at Winter Wonderland, since Canadian government actually encourages them! But, I am originally from Carson City, Nevada. So, if you have any logic at all, I grew up having them discouraged, meaning I don’t do them. So, I don’t really fit in. I just hate seeing all that brown goop in places it shouldn’t be in.
Man, I should’ve known this day was going to be completely different, after seeing what was for breakfast, I should’ve known! I came tumbling down the stairs, as usual, being a victim of untied shoelaces at an unfortunate time. Right in front of my eyes, I got the shock of my life!
My plate was completely filled with sausage, bacon, and mouth-watering pancakes. You see, my mom is big on health. Most of the time she just makes us a protein shake and all-white eggs. You can see she has gone completely wacko. I asked “Uh, Mom? Have you uh… I dunno, given up on health?” Then, right before my eyes, my mother transformed into my sister Karrie, who was attending college in New York City.
“Gee little brother, you seem to not be eating. Why don’t you… Explain why you are not paying attention during the very important lecture!”
I suddenly jolted upward and found myself back in the classroom, and there was Principal Majinos, still giving his boring lecture on the importance of math.
“So you see class, math can help you with all kinds of stuff like… calculating a 15%-off sale at Macy’s, or how long a 115 minute wait would be. Math is very impor-”
The door blew open and in the doorway stood SonanTratcher, (Though I didn’t know his name yet. I’m explaining the story after it happened.)
He was dressed like he was ready for a 60s dance party, and he was wearing a NFL cap, something we actually don’t tolerate here.
“Where is Adamson?” He snarled.
I was astonished. I never told anyone my full name, not even the administrators.
“Uh, I’m Adam.” Was all I could come up with.
“Come with me.” He barked. I dumbly followed him, all the whispers and snickers pushing me along. As we walked down the hall, I wondered what could be happening. I was sure nobody knew about me mooning the librarian, and the librarian was too astonished to tell. I threatened her with ripping the books too, just as a precaution. We walked past the vice, principal’s, and counselor’s offices. In fact, we walked all the way down to the old storage room. When we arrived, he handcuffed and tied me, and then we came in.

The storage room had been transformed into a medieval palace. In the center was a green cloud of gas.
“Well, well, if it isn’t little Adamson.” It said menacingly. The cloud started moving toward me, which, obviously, started freaking me out.
“Uh, why am I here?” I asked timidly.
A snarling sound came from SonanTratcher.
“You are here because you are familiar with Professor Nodoor, right?”
“Well yeah, he was my uncle.”
“Professor Nodoor was the only human in this world to discover the existence of the SonanPreonnos, a special orb that has many powerful properties. SonanTratcher has one with him.” SonanTratcher pulled it out. It was bright green.
“You see, the SonanPreonnos is from a foreign land, known as LawSonandra.”
I had heard about that before. Uncle Nodoor used to tell me about a faraway place called LawSonandra. It was just a bedtime story, at least until this strange glow mentioned it.
“Lawsonandra is a kingdom that means ‘Land of Names’ in the SonanPeen language, the LangSonandra, the ‘Language of Names’.”
Okay, this was getting plain weird. Why did this glow want me, a terrible student, to tell him more about Uncle Nodoor?
“I have come to you with a request, Adamson Quincy. I assume, with you being a terrible student, you have played many video games, hmm? And maybe you have played the Sonic the Hedgehog games?”
“Well, sure.”
“FOOL! Idiot, you have not realized that the SonanPreonnos are almost duplicates to the ‘Chaos Emeralds’. They have the power for people to SonanWreonnos, or World-Hop. I have an example, SonanTratcher, to show you.”
He whispered strange words, probably from the LangSonandra. The SonanPreonnos flashed, and SonanTratcher was pulled into it. The orb flashed once more, and then it was gone.
“You see, little Nodoor, I am the ultimate. I have escaped the passage of time, but my body of old has NOT!”
The glow was gone, and in its place was the disgusting man. He laughed, a disgusting bubbly noise.
“The professor has left you a riddle to a hidden SonanPreonnos. If you find it and join me, we will be unstoppable! Think about that!”
He transformed back into the glow, and I was free to go.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Ooooh, very interesting and suspenseful. although, I feel that your characterization of Adam's mother as wacky because she is into healthy eating is WAAAAAY off base! That poor woman is just trying to keep her children healthy and happy. Sheesh. :D